What's the biggest irony about Toronto
Canada: Why multiculturalism works so well in Toronto
As many taxis are waiting for customers here at the airport, so many different types of drivers are looking at you - as if the world was looking at you. As everywhere, you take the first one, and even if the “Taxicab Bill of Rights”, which hangs on the back of the front seat, stipulates that the customer is offered “a silent ride”: curiosity breaks the silence. You want to know where the other is from and why.
After a twenty-minute drive on the ten-lane Gardiner Expressway into downtown, past the buildings of the past 20 years, always with a view of Lake Ontario, Enrique, the Mexican driver, sums up his worldview: “We're workin ', have no problems - is good to live here ”and drops me off at the hotel.
Its staff is varied: the young receptionist has Spanish parents, his colleague immigrated from Peru, the waitress from India, the courier from Haiti. Where the most colorful mixes of people come together with an unaccustomed naturalness, it's easy to fall victim to your own clichés: When an Asian woman is serving at the next table in the evening, I expect sushi - but it's pasta, we're at the Italian restaurant, we're in Toronto.
Millions of immigrants are looking for happiness in Canada
Canada prides itself on its history, which is a story of hope. Driven by this hope for a new life - in which you can support yourself and your family with your own work and pursue the realization of your dreams - millions of immigrants from England, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland came to respect and a chance for happiness. the Netherlands, Hungary, Ukraine, Poland, Croatia and the USA.
They were followed by Indians, people from the Caribbean, South Africa, Latin America, China and, for a long time, war refugees from the Middle East and North Africa. And hopes set forces free: Canada is one of the richest countries on earth.
- What are the main properties of hard coils
- Is methane an element
- Will Apple ever get uncool?
- What is the purpose of skout
- How does Zendesk win customers
- What is a mother substitute
- Most narcissists are atheists
- Why is it bad to modify my car
- Which band has been the most commercialized
- Why is Urdu not an official language
- You can learn well
- How are cartilage and bones formed
- Who got pregnant as a teenager
- Is human morality subjective or objective
- How did you hide your homelessness
- Why should I get a tattoo?
- What will Facebook do with blockchain
- Why are there so many Indian YouTubers
- What is the main software of the computer
- What is venereology
- What is enriched media
- Is language relative or absolute
- What are acceptable humidity levels
- How good a source is Zomato
- How do cats interact with squirrels?
- How is BBA from UPES
- Should older people do sports
- How is Chilioi pronounced
- What are some psychiatric lies
- A power failure can damage a modem
- How do I get cheap equipment
- What culture does the English language represent
- Are architecture and design different
- Why is my friend ignoring my messages