What percentage of 200 is 98
A test (for example a disease test) gives the correct answer in 99% of the cases, but the wrong answer in 1% of the cases. In Germany (80 million inhabitants) 100,000 are sick, all people are tested. Then the following results:
- Of the 100,000 sick, 99,000 are recognized as sick, 1,000 are mistakenly believed to be healthy.
- Of the 79,900,000 healthy people, 1%, i.e. 799,000 people, are mistakenly believed to be sick.
Conclusion: A total of 99,000 + 799,000 people (ie 898,000 people) are declared sick - of these, however, only 99,000 (ie about 11%) are really sick.
To distinguish one speaks of Error of the first kind (the percentage of sick people mistakenly believed to be healthy) and dated Error of the second kind (the percentage of healthy people who are mistakenly considered sick): In our example we assumed that both errors are 1%, but in practice these percentages will be different - the only thing that applies is: no test is infallible, it always occurs Errors of the first and second kind).
To assess whether a test makes sense, the (of course only estimated) ratio of the number x of sick people to the number y of healthy people plays an essential role.
(In our example, 1% of y was significantly greater than 99% of x - in such a case the test makes little sense; especially if the testing itself should have possible side effects.)
- What is language tagging in NLTK
- How much do drugs cost
- Is accredited by North Dakota State University
- Can a woman abuse a child
- How is the permeability measured
- Is there a good God
- There are different sizes of atomic bombs
- Phablets are ridiculous
- What is something that you get better at
- What is glacial acetic acid
- What is Dumpy Level PDF
- Which leads to stars becoming supernovae
- What are good ways to understand infinity
- How long are the newspaper notes from Aspire IAS
- Why do millennials support Trump
- Is balance a success
- How bend streets
- Why is abortion so popular now
- What is a chartered secretary
- Will Trump's immigration rules affect F1 students
- What do Kemalists think of Said Nursi?
- Why is salt easy to dissolve?
- What is Safe Mode in HDFS
- How is BBA from UPES