What is the use of bugzilla
Bugzilla enables the management and tracking of errors, notes and requests with regard to an existing software system or a software system under development. This page describes the use of the tool for implementation work at SDQ.
The following chapter contains an overview of the basic functions of Bugzilla. A detailed description of the functionality can be found in the Bugzilla user manual.
Login to the system
The Bugzilla system is operated via an HTML interface. The SDQ Bugzilla page can be found at https://sdqweb.ipd.uka.de/bugzilla/. In order to actively participate in the system, registration is first required. There are no restrictions on access to the system, i.e. anyone interested can register as follows:
- Click on Create User Account to specify an email address.
- The system sends an email to the specified address. Follow the URL given there to complete the registration.
- A password must be entered when registering.
After registration, you log on to the Bugzilla main page with your login name and password and you can then use all system services. All personal settings can be managed on the personal settings page.
Create bug reports
Every Bugzilla participant can report bugs he or she has observed or requests for extensions. You can do this on the Create Bug page. Each entry is one product and one component to be assigned:
|Palladio Component Model|
(The Eclipse EMF Code for Palladio)
(Analysis and simulation of the PCM)
(Common Component Modeling Example)
The error entry also includes the following information:
- Further localization of the error (if possible): product version, hardware platform, operating system
- Categorization of the error: Severity of the error (if it is just a request for improvement: ENHANCEMENT), Error priority
- Optional: Keywords for classifying the error
- Short description of the error (1 sentence) and detailed description of the error (possibly with attached screenshots, error logs, etc.)
The author of an entry must name exactly one person responsible for the reported error. Any participant in the system can be selected as the person responsible (including the author of the entry himself). The person responsible will be informed of the new entry by email.
Finding and editing bug reports
The search for existing error reports is carried out using a search mask. Here you can choose between a simple keyword search and an advanced search in which all the features of a bug report can be used as search criteria. By default, the search is at the bottom of every Bugzilla page My bugs available, in which all (not closed) entries are displayed that concern the registered participant himself.
The error reports determined as a result of a search are displayed to the participant in the form of a list. Clicking on the ID of an entry takes you to its detailed description. The entry can be modified there, e.g. by writing a comment or by changing the error status. The status can have the following values:
- Immediately after the error report has been created, the entry has the status NEW.
- The person responsible takes note of the error and sets the status ACCEPTED (But he also has other options - e.g. not to accept the mistake or to pass responsibility on to another participant).
- After eliminating the error, the person responsible sets the status DONE.
- To indicate that the elimination of the error has been checked, the status can e.g. from the original author as CLOSED (errors can, however, also be reopened and thus marked for further processing).
- What happened to Plymouth engines
- I mean actually
- What is the configuration file of vsftpd
- What are some good nicknames for Patrick
- Why does Zuckerberg testify before the Senate
- What do I do on college vacation
- Why are azides explosive
- How do Google keywords work
- What technology is trivago com
- What is an example of a cache
- Can we do Bitcoin offline?
- What are some lesser known runic languages
- What do you think of Chuck Todd
- What's the point of English 1
- Malawi What are some good Malawian films
- What's Good About US Math Education
- How does music help cognitive function
- How does studying at Yale affect you?
- What is my PPO number
- Amazon Flex expires
- What is the order of cell division
- There is a lack of documentaries in Indian cinema
- Which smartphone functions use the most energy?
- Why is divestment not being liberalized?