Is it safe to use Microsoft OneDrive?
Microsoft OneDrive: what is it?
OneDrive is the Microsoft cloud storage. Originally the word “cloud” comes from English and means “cloud”. With cloud storage like Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive you can Files uploaded to the internet, saved and processed become.
Has a cloud storage many advantages. On the one hand, users save local storage space because the files are stored on a external hard drive lie. On the other hand, they can anytime and anywhere access the data. A big risk in the case of cloud storage is probably that Safety factor. After uploading, there is a risk that the provider or third party view and edit personal data.
How is it with Microsoft OneDrive? What is the Microsoft OneDrive greatest advantage? What are OneDrive additional advantages? Is available from OneDrive disadvantage? Which Prices are charged for using OneDrive?
Microsoft OneDrive account: login, costs and functions
Originally, Microsoft's cloud storage was created in 2007 under the name of Windows Live Folders started and im Renamed to OneDrive February 2014. With OneDrive, as with any other cloud storage, it is possible Upload files, edit and access it there.
In order to be able to use the service, users must sign in to OneDrive or Install OneDrive. To do this, you need an email address and a password. OneDrive is accessed online through a web browser, via proprietary Client applications or via apps.
If you have Microsoft OneDrive deactivate or uninstall you can follow the OneDrive Office instructions that on the website from OneDrive. You can also find instructions on how to do this Sync data on OneDrive.
Basically the data is from OneDrive encrypted within the service. Do you want your files on OneDrive additionally encrypt, you can use software like Boxcryptor.
What about OneDrive with privacy? In general, clouds like OneDrive are often used because of their lack of security criticized. Since Microsoft is based in the United States, it may be not always transparentwhere the personal data is hosted and processed. With the upload, however, the user gives Microsoft that Right to store the data worldwide.
What does it cost to use OneDrive?
OneDrive offers its services too different prices at. Users can install OneDrive and the first 5 GB free to use. There are also different ones Personal and business packages.
OneDrive Personal packages:
- OneDrive Basic: Users can use this package free of charge. 5 GB of storage space is offered. The maximum number of users is 1.
- OneDrive 50 GB: This package costs 2 euros per month. The maximum number of users is also 1.
- OneDrive Office 365 Personal: The package costs 7 euros a month and the user has 1 TB of storage space available. The maximum number of users is also 1.
- OneDrive Office 365 Home: With 10 euros a month, up to five users have 5 TB a month.
OneDrive business packages:
- OneDrive Business: The company receives 1 TB of storage space per user per year for EUR 50.40 per person.
- OneDrive Business expanded: For 100.80 euros per person per year, an unlimited number of users can use an unlimited amount of storage.
- OneDrive Business All-in-One: The company can use 1 TB for EUR 126.00 per year per person.
How big is the storage space on OneDrive?
OneDrive has been providing its customers with storage space since July 2016 up to 5 GB for free to disposal. It was before 15 GB.
Customers who bought the Microsoft Office 365 version receive 1 TB of storage for OneDrive.
When using a current browser version or the OneDrive app is the maximum size for individual files 15 GB. If you are using older browsers, only files with a size of up to 300 MB uploaded.
Conclusion: The most important thing about OneDrive
- OneDrive is the Microsoft cloud storage. With OneDrive, as with any other cloud storage, it is possible Upload files and there too to edit and on it to access.
OneDrive has been providing its customers since July 2016 Storage space up to 5 GB available free of charge. Previously it was 15 GB.
- OneDrive offers personal and business packages. As required the costs vary.
- In order to be able to use the service, users must Sign in to OneDrive or install OneDrive. To do this, you need an email address and a password.
- With OneDrive, users can also share their files accessible to other users do. Furthermore, OneDrive is for all operating systems compatible with Windows and macOS. In addition, OneDrive stands as an app for Windows Phone, Android and iOS to disposal.
You might also be interested in:
- What is the most tolerant religion
- Love to cuddle after intercourse
- What is the purpose of aluminum foil wraps
- Turquoise is a healing gem
- How can I use proxies in ES6
- What were Sacagawea's rules of life?
- What are your novels translated into Tamil
- What's your favorite episode on MacGyver
- Which treaty did Germany have to sign?
- This girl sends me a signal
- How do I get money back
- Have the Taliban really been removed from power?
- It's the best-selling smartphone these days
- What are self-help groups good for?
- How safe is UP for tourists
- How were the gas victims of the First World War treated
- What are some examples of theft
- Do people read graphic novels 1
- What is meant by competitive advantage 1
- What's your favorite Edmonton pizzeria
- How to say lamp in mandarin
- People who wear quilted jackets are rich
- Where can I get the news
- Why is Urdu not an official language