What shouldn't you tell your psychologist
What are my rights
Right to information ...
In order for the client to be able to decide on a specific treatment or further advice / support (e.g. as part of coaching), he / she must have the necessary information. Therefore, the psychologist must provide information about costs, session duration, frequency, tariff and payment modalities as part of the initial consultation. Furthermore, a patient has the right to know what he / she is suffering from (although a diagnosis can usually only be made after several sessions), what chances of recovery exist, what treatment options exist and what risks and side effects a treatment can bring. For example, if a psychologist realizes that the client expects far more from treatment or psychological counseling than is possible, she is obliged to inform him about it.
As part of psychotherapy, the client is free to obtain a second opinion in order to obtain an even better basis of information and to decide whether she would like to consent to the proposed treatment. The associated cost consequences must be clarified in advance by the client.
... especially with regard to costs
It turns out that the question of costs in particular often leads to discrepancies or misunderstandings between patients and psychologists. It is therefore important to address this point openly during the initial consultation and to clarify which costs are covered by the basic insurance (in the context of delegated psychotherapy), whether there is additional insurance and what proportion this pays for therapy or whether the patient / client the treatment itself pays. The latter is usually the case with psychological counseling or coaching, for example. It should be noted that the additional insurance can contain very different benefits, for example one pays a fixed amount per year for psychotherapy, another a partial amount for the individual therapy hour, i.e. even if there is additional insurance, the cost contributions can be very different .
- How can I turn my bike into electricity?
- Where's Teahupoo
- Which locomotive is better WDG4 or WDP4
- What kind of roots do dikots have
- Destroy PUBG student lives
- What does a 2nd level of focus mean
- What percentage of medical students drop out?
- Can work hard to develop talent
- Can I get psychiatric advice?
- What is the true nature of value
- How many counties are there in MO
- What is the igloo effect
- What is Gat in Indian Classical Music
- What connects the vortices with each other
- Was the Russian revolution a socialist revolution?
- What is uncertainty in quantum mechanics
- How do you record on TalkTalk
- What is the oldest brewery in Mexico
- Are solar panels objects or fittings
- Why the album cover seems blurry
- What's the best site on the internet
- What makes an artist up-to-date?
- What time zone is Sewanee TN in?
- What is your opinion on digital art