Why do bandaids irritate your skin
Häring rehabilitation center
After the suture has been removed and the wound has healed, general stump care begins. The goal is supple, resilient skin and a well-hardened stump. Various measures increase the tolerance of stimuli on the residual limb.
Information sheet stump care (105.1 KB)
The stump bandage can already be started after the suture has been removed. With the right technique, this can also be used for arterial circulatory disorders. The initial correct stump bandage is the basis for the further course of rehabilitation. The aim of this measure is to bring the stump into an optimal shape. Orthopedic technology can then begin with the construction of the preliminary therapeutic prosthesis.
Information sheet butt bandage (423.4 KB)
Correct positioning of the residual limb is the best prevention in order to avoid misalignments with undesirable effects, e.g. B. Swelling of the amputation stump.
Information sheet for amputation stump positioning (245.9 KB)
Applying a thigh prosthesis
In order to prevent complications such as pressure points when wearing the prosthesis, it is very important to put on the silicone liner correctly. Together with the orthopedic technology, our patients begin to train the correct application of the prosthesis at an early stage.
Info sheet (256.9 KB)
Our advice after amputations
A good general physical condition is important for successful rehabilitation. We therefore recommend avoiding alcohol and cigarettes. We are happy to help you quit smoking.
With a balanced diet, the body weight can be maintained better. Otherwise, the circumference of the stump changes in an uncontrolled manner and the correct fit of the prosthesis is no longer guaranteed. Our dietician offers competent advice.
The skin of the stump should be checked at least once a day, possibly with a mirror. In the event of sensitivity disorders, the skin conditions must be checked each time the prosthesis is worn. Skin care is an important prerequisite for optimal residual limb conditions, which in turn are necessary in order to be able to wear a prosthesis.
- What are some really good chapsticks
- Why is goddess Durga Kaushiki called
- What is a spine mattress
- What's your favorite Edmonton pizzeria
- In retail, which is secondary and primary
- Is cricket the new WWE
- What are corporate networks
- Who invented hydroponics
- What is the largest integer function
- Does the robot trade work?
- Should I buy the branded AirPods?
- Every new series that I should watch
- Could the flints beat up the Simpsons
- What sport is only played in Nigeria
- There are different sizes of atomic bombs
- Why is SWIFT dominant
- How Eventbrite Attracts Users
- What's missing in Facebook Chat Messenger
- How confidential is Gmails' confidential mode
- What is the most important thing about grounding
- What possibilities does Microsoft Hololens offer
- Which Antidepressant Helped Your IBS?
- Miss Howard Stern
- What does racism look like