What makes sharks so special
Six facts about sharks
The shape and function of the teeth vary greatly depending on the diet: Sharks, which hunt seals and other mammals primarily, have sharp, serrated teeth that they can use to tear out pieces of meat. Sharks that eat fish have long, pointed teeth to better hold their slippery prey. Sharks, which look for food on the ground and mainly feed on crustaceans, have thick, plate-like teeth with which they can crack the hard shells of their prey. Gentle giants like the whale shark or the basking shark have many tiny, rather useless teeth, as they feed on plankton, which they filter through their gills.
2. The sixth sense
Sharks have a sixth sense organ with which they can track down their prey using electromagnetic fields and which probably also serves as a kind of compass.
The so-called Lorenzini ampoules consist of hundreds of pores in the skin around the shark's snout and head, which open into tiny, gel-filled canals and open into small ampoules. These cavities contain electroreceptors that transmit electrical stimuli to the brain via nerve tracts. Every living being generates bioelectric fields through its muscle activity and electrochemical body reactions, which surround it like a low-frequency hum or an aura. These fields are very weak and can only be perceived from a very short distance. Sharks use their highly sensitive sensory organ to use the electric fields to track down flatfish buried in the sand or to locate prey swimming by.
- How is Poseidon stronger than Zeus?
- Who is an ECD teacher
- How to get money from CashCrate
- Why should Square invest in Coin
- Mathematics is a lonely profession
- Were women sexually objectified in ancient civilizations?
- What is the future of BHEL 1
- What do we call moving lights
- Which Fortune 500 company is ethical
- What does hollow mean
- Is the air force the safest branch
- Is Michael Jackson really dead 2
- What is corner case test
- How was Everton F C founded
- Can transfer money to a debit card
- How are cartilage and bones formed
- Anything can infect a virus
- Can schools become an Ivy League
- Should I switch to angle 2
- Are pilots smart
- Crossdressers make better husbands
- Where can I find guest bloggers
- What could be the biggest surprise today?
- How is Spanish the language of the Hispanics
- What is the best beer in Vietnam
- What is ICMP
- Where was aluminum invented?
- What are the preventive measures for dengue fever
- What kind of drug is a chill pill
- Why do programs stop on my phone
- What does God's plan of salvation suggest?
- Which IDE is easy for Node js
- Scoliosis can be life threatening