Can buy best price matching eBay
Send a price proposal
A suggested price is a great way to buy the item at a low price. In addition, if the seller accepts your suggested price, you don't have to wait for the sale to end to buy the item.
Send Best Offer
You can submit a price proposal for offers for which the button Send Best Offer is shown.
Once you've found an item that accepts price proposals, do the following:
- Choose Send Best Offer.
- Enter your price proposal. You can add a message to the seller if you want.
- Determine when your price proposal should expire: after 12 hours, after 1 day or after 2 days.
- Choose Check price proposal.
- Check your details and choose Send Best Offer.
If you've put the item on your watchlist, you can also add it to your watchlist Send Best Offer next to the item.
When you send a price proposal, you undertake to purchase the item if your price proposal is accepted. If you are not sure whether to buy the item, add it to your watchlist until you have decided.
Find offers with a price proposal
Price proposals are not possible for all offers. However, you can filter your search results to find sellers who accept price proposals.
If you're looking for an item to buy, you can go to the top of the search results Accepts price proposals Select to see offers with the Suggest Price option.
You can also use the advanced search to find price proposals:
- Go to Advanced Search - opens in new window or tab.
- Enter your search terms.
- Go to View results and check the box Price proposal.
- Choose Find.
What happens after you send your price proposal?
As long as your price proposal has not expired, the seller can consider whether to accept or reject your price proposal. He can also make you a counter-proposal. If the seller doesn't respond or the listing ends before responding to you, your suggested price will expire.
Possible answers from the seller:
- Accept price proposal: As with any other sale on eBay, you are required to pay the amount you offered. However, the pay immediately option is not available when using the price suggestion option.
- Reject price proposal: You can send another price proposal (up to 5 for most items and up to 10 for most vehicle categories).
- Send an alternative: The seller can suggest a different price. You can accept, reject or further negotiate this counter-proposal by sending the seller a new price proposal.
Your price proposal only refers to the item price. Shipping costs and all other conditions listed in the seller's offer remain unchanged.
Withdraw price proposal
When you send a price proposal or a counter proposal, you commit to purchase the item provided the seller accepts the proposal. However, if you have made a mistake in your price proposal or counter-proposal, you can withdraw it or cancel it under certain circumstances.
A price proposal or a counter-proposal can be withdrawn in the following cases:
- You accidentally entered the wrong amount, e.g. B. not EUR 9.95 but EUR 99.95.
- After submitting your proposal, the item description has changed significantly.
- You cannot reach the seller.
Apart from the above conditions, there are also certain deadlines to be observed. You can withdraw a price proposal in the following cases:
- The offer will continue to run for at least 12 hours.
- The offer ends in less than 12 hours, but less than an hour has passed since the last price proposal was sent.
You cannot withdraw your price proposal in the following cases:
- The seller has already accepted or rejected your price proposal or sent you a counter proposal.
- You have already sent 5 price proposals in a specific category.
If you are using the desktop version of the eBay website and the above conditions are met, you can withdraw a price proposal or a counter-proposal as follows:
- Go to Bids / Suggestions in My eBay - will open in a new window or tab.
- Go to the price proposal you want to withdraw.
- Choose Check price proposal and then Withdraw price proposal.
You can also cancel your price proposal on the item page. To do this, choose Check price proposal and then Withdraw price proposal. If you are using a mobile browser or the eBay app, select the link below to open the Price Proposal Withdrawal Form - will open in a new window or tab.
As a seller, you can make counter-proposals via the site Manage price proposals take back. Open the offer, choose Manage price proposals and select the counter-proposal that you want to withdraw. Then choose Take back. You can use the page Manage price proposals instead, open it via the Seller Cockpit Pro or the Sell area in My eBay.
Tips for sending price proposals
If you are interested in an item and have a certain asking price, if you are strategic, you will improve your chances of the seller accepting your asking price. Here are some tips for sending price proposals:
- Be realistic: Sellers who accept price proposals are flexible about the price and take fair price proposals seriously.
- Add a message to the seller: A friendly, personal message can help you get the item at the price you want. Look for the option Add a message to the sellerwhen you enter your price proposal.
- Check the item's original listing date: If the item has been on the list for a long time, the seller may be more flexible with the price.
- Use price proposals wisely: You can send up to 5 price proposals for most categories. Expired, rejected and withdrawn price proposals are also taken into account.
Respond to a seller's suggested price
Sellers have the option of using a price proposal to offer special prices for items that you are watching or have placed in your shopping cart. You will receive such price proposals by email and in a message in My eBay. Users of the app for whom the notification function is activated will also receive a notification on their smartphone. If you are in this message Check price proposal you can check the price proposal and respond to it.
If you want to accept the price proposal, choose Accept price proposal and go to checkout to complete the purchase. If you are not interested in the suggested price, choose Reject price proposal.
You can also make a counter-proposal in order to negotiate a lower price. That's how it's done:
- Choose Send an alternative.
- Enter the desired amount (excluding shipping costs).
- You can add a message for the seller if you want.
- Choose Check and then Send.
The seller can then accept your counter-proposal, reject it, or send you a counter-proposal. You and the seller can each send a maximum of 3 counter-proposals. You can learn more about receiving counter-proposals from a seller on our help page.
Each price proposal is valid until someone has accepted the proposal, up to a maximum of 48 hours. For offers in which only one item is for sale, the first buyer who accepts the price proposal receives the item. In the case of offers with multiple items, buyers can take advantage of the price proposal until all of the items in the offer have been sold or the price proposal expires.
- How do people share physical photos today
- What is a Debian Server
- What is the history of mankind
- How would you summarize your purpose in life
- What are your top 20 life hacks
- What is Windows Update Error Code 8007000e
- Dear Jews Woody Allen
- Boiling water cleans it
- Can see email recipients CC
- Salary after completing MS in Germany
- What are the environmental problems in Italy
- How do I disable ByteFence Antivirus
- How do you overcome the stress of retirement
- How can we preserve sugar cane juice
- What do you think of Haley Bell
- What are corporate lobbyists
- What do you think of swing jazz
- How is the English class in France
- What data structure is used by WhatsApp
- Let pins and needles hurt
- Why should a rectum be discharged
- What is your Twitter username
- What does gradient mean in geography
- Why is faith healing wrong
- How will CBD affect the pharmaceutical industry
- Software monitoring is a good profile
- How has technology affected children these days?
- What are some small and medium businesses
- How do I discipline my girlfriend
- Is lobbying legal in Vietnam
- What makes me more spontaneous
- Why is Ireland green
- Astronauts celebrate Halloween on the ISS
- What is the weakness of Pakistan